Where To Stay
The North Columbia Schoolhouse is about:
- 8 miles from North San Juan
- 20 miles from Nevada City
- 25 miles from Grass Valley
There is one Inn in North San Juan: The Milano’s Inn.
For a pretty darned comprehensive list of Nevada City and Grass Valley B&Bs, inns, motels, hotels and vacation rentals, check out the Nevada City Chamber of Commerce’s Lodging page.
For campers, the closest campgrounds are:
Ananda Meditation Retreat for campers to reserve cabins or campsites. Only two miles away, Ananda Meditation Retreat has approximately 20 informal sites available for people coming with their own tents and/or vehicles (NO hook-ups are available). Clean outhouses and water for washing available at campsites although guests must provide their own drinking water. Shower house and flush toilets available at the main facility a 5 minutes walk away. Tenting with own tents or vehicles is $25 per night per tent or camping vehicle. Three full meals are available in our main Dining Hall upon request.
Cabins are also available, some with full facilities (kitchens and bathrooms). Lovely tent bungalows and a women’s lodge are also in the main retreat area. For reservations call (530) 478-7557 or email email@example.com
For safely reasons, please leave your cigarettes, pets and alcohol home.
- Willow Creek Campground and RV Park in Camptonville, about 18 miles from the Schoolhouse. Contact them directly for availability.
- We are very pleased to announce that the Malakoff Diggins State Park Campground is open once again! We know that many of you have missed having this more affordable option that also requires less driving. Please click here to go to the Malakoff Diggins website and then click on “Online Reservations” to reserve your spot today
- Inn Town Camp Ground Located just minutes from downtown Nevada City, California! Dan and Erin Thiem, owners of the Outside Inn, are excited to bring Nevada City a new, vibrant camping experience. The future campground is located on a historic 15 acre site, just under two miles from downtown Nevada City.